CHAT LIVE NOW!
BECOME A MEMBER OF FIERCEINFERNO.COM TODAY AND YOU WILL BE IN OUR RAFFLE TO WIN A DATE THE HOTTEST FEMALE BODYBUILDER ON THE PLANET!
Winner will be chosen in December! You must join before December 1st to qualify! Join today and you may be also eligible for free skype sessions and free phone chat sessions.
Degenerative Diseases Positively Affected by Strength Training
1. CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE - disease affecting the heart and the blood vessels surrounding it.
2. DIABETES MELLITUS - a disorder of carbohydrate metabolism characterized a reduced sensitivity to insulin or a cessation of the body's production of insulin.
3. OSTEOARTHRITUS - a degenerative joint disease that is caused by a combination of aging and irritation of the joints.
4. OSTEOPOROSIS - a disease that causes a gradual decrease in both the amount and strength of bone tissue.
S. OSTEOMALACIA - a disease causing the softening of bone tissue.
6. HYPERTENSION - a measurement of the force by which blood is made to flow through the body in which the systolic reading is over 140mmHg and the diastolic reading is over 90mmHg.
7. HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIA - a measurement of total cholesterol level above 240mg/dI.
National Sports Performance Association. (1993). Conditioning specialist certification course. 109. Ottenheimer. (1994).
Home Medical Dictionary. Miami: Paradise Press. 36, 53, 172, 173.